Get insights on Digital Transformation via our Adaptive Leadership Webinar Series
The word “digital” has become ubiquitous in the last few decades – whether we’re talking about digital transformation, revolution, tools, techniques, and so on. But what do we even mean when we talk about “digital”?
In our recent #StratExLive webinar, Ryan McManus, a Duke Corporate Education educator and co-founder of techtonic.io, begins by defining digital as follows: “adding information and connectivity to anything.”
By establishing what we mean by digital in this context, McManus then sets the stage and explains how we got to where we are today. He explains that while $6 billion is being invested in digital services and technology over the next four years, only 14% of digital transformation programs are delivering their expected value.
So where is the disconnect between preparation and delivery?
McManus goes on to say that organizations today need to rethink their frameworks and approaches in order to achieve better business outcomes. Whereas in the past, strategy, innovation, and digital operated somewhat independently, today digital is the primary driver of strategy and innovation. This is the distinct shift in what has changed and how our business models need to adjust accordingly.
McManus dives deeper into what’s needed to thrive in this digital transformation and discusses the following:
- the cycles of digitization: where we’ve been and where we’re headed
- the four levels of digital strategy and what successful organizations today are doing to win and remain competitive
- how project managers are well-suited to digital transformation and how they can contribute
Watch the recorded webinar to learn more about the evolution of digital, how we got to where we are today, and what you can do to prepare your organization for what’s next in the digital age.
and expertise to lead and execute projects in any context. With curricula in adaptive strategic execution, project management, business analysis, contract management, and more, Strategy Execution partners with your organization to build skill sets and change mindsets. It’s time to declare a new standard of performance. For more information, visit strategyex.com.
Latest posts by Strategy Execution (see all)
- Over 20 Courses You Can Take Right Now to Advance Your Career in 2020 - November 4, 2019
- Why Adaptive Leaders Are Needed in Supply Chain Management - October 30, 2019
- How to Rethink Your Approach to Talent - October 23, 2019