While most project-based work leaders can articulate the importance of training their teams in technical project management processes, the importance of having people with strong communication skills is often undervalued. The reality is that in an increasingly complex business environment with virtual offices, cross-departmental teams and global locations, communicating up, down and across the organization is a key component to project success.
In this webinar, Carl Sergeant, TwentyEighty Strategy Execution Senior Instructor, emphasizes that when it comes to the purpose of communicating project goals, it’s not just what you say, it’s how you say it.
Effective communication is about collaboration. Only when we understand the needs of our audience can we properly communicate the value of what we’re saying in order to inspire engagement and initiate action.
Sergeant talks about getting out of our comfort zones in order to learn about each other and understand the human and emotional element of communicating. By pushing these boundaries, we can tap into the motivations and needs of all stakeholders in order to drive improved project performance.
This webinar also discusses:
- The cost value of communication skills and their effect on project success or failure
- A simple formula for communications success
- How to make an impact right away through tactical considerations and action steps
Want to learn more about why communication skills are critical to strategy execution and concrete ways you can take action now? Watch the full webinar here.
TwentyEighty Strategy Execution is a global leader in project-focused training, enabling people to close the strategy execution gap and drive higher performance by strengthening relational and technical skills. By combining the best of cutting-edge university research and proven business techniques, we deliver training designed to increase alignment and engagement across teams, business units, or the entire enterprise. Learn more today at strategyex.com. Join the conversation on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Latest posts by Strategy Execution (see all)
- Managing a Team Through Purposeful Communication - September 19, 2017
- Elevate Your PMO to Build Effective Teams Across the Organization - September 14, 2017
- Webinar – Becoming an Adaptive Leader: Overcoming Project Breakdowns – Register Now! - September 12, 2017